- Chairwoman Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-TX)
- Rep. Chuck Fleischmann (R-TN)
WHAT IT IS
The Energizing Technology Transfer Act improves the ability to pursue entrepreneurship opportunities at national labs and to commercialize the research breakthroughs the U.S. achieves.
WHY WE LIKE IT
Provides the needed flexibility for national laboratories to establish entrepreneurship programs for its researchers and allows those researchers the opportunity to explore entrepreneurship opportunities outside the lab if they wish to spin their research into a commercial opportunity. The added flexibility for researchers is paired with access to business resources like regional clean energy innovation programs, small business voucher eligibility, and the technology commercialization fund. Together, these provisions come together to create powerful support for commercialization activities.
- Establishes regional clean energy innovation programs and lab entrepreneurship programs
- Allows lab employees to pursue outside entrepreneurship opportunities related to their areas of expertise
- Allows small businesses to access lab equipment and capabilities through small business vouchers
- Empowers the Office of Technology Transitions at the DOE to pursue more commercialization efforts on behalf of the DOE research offices and national labs
- Authorizes a technology commercialization funds to assist in the commercialization of breakthrough research projects